NATIONAL LOVE IS KIND DAY HISTORY
Rosie Aiello and Sunny, co-founders of The Love is Kind Network, founded National Love is Kind Day on July 27, 2018. They spread the message of a kinder, healthier world and support stronger, more wholesome families, free of violence and terrorism. The day also represents the day Rosie and Sunny gained their freedom from a violent relationship.
Just as on July 4th Americans celebrate their independence, so is July 27th to be celebrated—a day to celebrate independence from the abuser. July 27th, National Love is Kind Day is the day to:
- Celebrate for all victims of domestic violence/domestic abuse their FREEDOM and INDEPENDENCE from their abuser.
- Recognize our right to be treated with KINDNESS. Because real love is kind, not terrorizing.
- Realize that kindness is the path to healthy and safer relationships, families, society, and the world.
- Give voice for and hope and support to others who are still suffering, often in silence.
- Spread messages about how we can be kind to one another, especially to those closest to us.
- Remember that love is not abusive, violent, demeaning, or dehumanizing. If someone uses love as an excuse for their hurtful behavior, it’s not real love.
- NATIONAL LOVE IS KIND DAY – July 27 – National Day Calendar