In the healing wisdom of the 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous, the “S” word SOBER is not mentioned! Not even one time. I wonder why that is?
Throughout the 12 Steps, however, we use profound words of wisdom such as . . .
(3) Sound decision making
(4) Fearless self-inventory
(5) Hey, I was wrong
(6) Defective character challenged
(7) Allowing God in
(8) Finally – willing to make amends
(9) Sensitive to self and others
(10) Action-packed Inventory
(11) Changed by God — definitely a Power greater than ourselves
Now, what are we going to do about it?
(12) Without shame or blame, how about we carry this Spiritual, NOT religious message to other hurting souls as we try to practice these principles in all our affairs.